What are the client’s responsibilities?
You will be responsible for the following:
- Obtaining a building permit and notifying us of any local building codes that require an engineer’s stamp.
- Hiring a general contractor for your project unless you take on those responsibilities yourself.
- Prior to the delivery and raising of your timber frame, your foundation and sub-floor will need to be in place, and properly backfilled.
- Making sure that there is access for the truck delivering your frame and as well as a crane truck.
- Providing electrical power at the site.